For the Roasted Lamb
2 tablespoons kosher salt
1 tablespoon chili powder
1 tablespoon ground cumin
2 teaspoons ground black pepper
1 boneless leg of lamb (about 4 pounds), tied
For the Pickled Radishes
1/3 cup apple cider vinegar
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1 teaspoon kosher salt
8 medium radishes, thinly sliced
For the Pesto Mayo
3/4 cup mayonnaise
1/4 cup prepared basil pesto
16 split rolls or slider buns
Decorative toothpicks (optional)
1. Make the Roasted Lamb: In small bowl, stir together salt, chili powder, cumin and black pepper. Place lamb on rimmed baking pan and rub all sides with spice mixture. Transfer to refrigerator at least 12 hours or up to 1 day.
2. Remove lamb from refrigerator; let stand at room temperature 45 minutes. Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Place lamb on rack set inside roasting pan. Transfer to oven and roast 20 minutes. Reduce oven temperature to 400 degrees F; roast 45 to 60 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 130 degrees F for medium rare. Remove from oven. Tent with foil; let rest 10 minutes before slicing and cutting into pieces that will fit on rolls.
3. Meanwhile, make the Pickled Radishes: Add the vinegar, sugar and salt to large jar; secure lid and shake until well combined. Add radishes to jar; secure lid and turn jar over several times to toss. Transfer jar to refrigerator for at least 30 minutes or up to 3 days. Drain before serving.
4. Make the Pesto Mayonnaise: Add mayonnaise and pesto to small bowl; stir until well combined. Use immediately or cover and keep refrigerated up to 3 days.
5. To serve, place rolls on work surface. Divide Roasted Lamb and Pickled Radishes over bottom halves of rolls. Spread 1 tablespoon Pesto Mayo on top half of each roll; place over lamb and radishes. Skewer with decorative toothpick, if desired. Serve immediately.