SKILLET LAMB CHOPS AND CIPOLLINI ONIONS WITH TARRAGON HONEY MUSTARD SAUCE
For the lamb and onions:
- 6 American lamb loin chops
- about 15 cipollini onions, peeled
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- kosher salt and black pepper
For the tarragon honey mustard sauce:
- 1 1/2 tablespoons dijon mustard
- 1 1/2 tablespoons stone ground mustard
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- zest of 1 lemon
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 1/3 cup fresh tarragon
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Place the olive oil and butter for the lamb chops in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Liberally season the lamb chops with salt and pepper.
- Once hot, add the onions to the skillet and let brown on one side, about 3-5 minutes. Flip onions over, cover the skillet and let brown on the other side for another 3-5 minutes.
- Remove lid from the skillet, place the lamb chops among the onions and cook for about 3-4 minutes per side for medium rare.
- Make the sauce by combining all the ingredients except the olive oil in a food processor. With the processor running, drizzle the olive oil in and process until well blended.
- Serve the lamb chops and onions with the sauce.
PREP TIME: 10
COOK TIME: 25